Classic Coop - 8'x8'
The Classic Coop has been thoughtfully designed to complement nearly any aesthetic. With its simple roofline, this chicken coop has an understated elegance that will lend itself to either a traditional or transitional backyard setting. Making the right paint selection will allow for this coop to fit any décor!
Learn more about interior options.
All Chicks Interior: Ideal for 21. Up to 32 Chickens.
4' Chicks & 4' Peeps Interior: Ideal for 11. Up to 16 Chickens.
5' Chicks & 3' Peeps Interior: Ideal for 13. Up to 20 Chickens.
As Shown: Main Color is GP Cream. Accent Color is Dark Brown. Signature Door is Brown. Roof is Brown Metal with Copper Weathervane. View all color options.
- Flooring: Treated Plywood
- Siding: SmartSiding, with 40 yr. Warranty
- Roof: Shingle with Drip Edge, 30 yr. Warranty, Metal Option is 29 Gauge with Ribbed, Metal with Drip Edge, 50 yr. Warranty, Built-in Roofline Ventilation
- Nesting Boxes: Accessible from Outside of Chicken Living Areas, Child-Protective Arm, Built 12" from Ground for Comfort. Each Box 12" x 12"
- Signature Door: Door with Built-in Additional Hardware Wire Screen
- Windows: 1 of the 2' x 3' Windows with a Built-in Hardware Wire Screen
- Clean Out The Coop Door: Located Near Floor, 10" tall x 36" wide, Security Latch for Predator Safety, Positioned on Back Wall Centered
- Roosts: Made with a 2x4 with 4" Side Up and Bullnose Detail for Comfort
- Run Door & Pulley System: 15 ¾" x 11 ¾" Run Door on Pulley System with Access with just a reach into the Door, Ramp to the Run or Outdoors for Ease of Access
All Layout Options Include:
- Windows: 1 2'x3' window, centered on back wall
- Sidewall Height: 7'
- Nesting Boxes: 5 nesting boxes with access from the outside and metal roof to complement roof color selection
- Roosting Bars: 3 roosting bars, 8' wide
- Storage: None
Chicks & Peeps:
- Nesting Boxes: 4 nesting boxes inside access on dividing wall
- Roosting Bars: 3 roosting bars, 4' wide
- Storage: 2 shelves, 4' wide
Take an interior video tour!
On a scale of 1-10 this coop ranks at a 5 in terms of complexity.
People Required: 2-3 slightly handy & strong people are needed to assemble this coop; the 3rd person would be useful to hold panels while the walls are being secured.
Tools Required: All the basic tools are recommended to have on hand and for those who order a metal roof, tin snips can be useful as well.
Assembly Tip: If you order this coop painted you will receive touch-up paint so don't worry about smudges and dings that may occur during the assembly process. If you order this coop unpainted you may want to paint it prior to assembly to save on time.